Web/Graphic Designer Description
Infusion E-Business is looking for an intern interested in learning to design content for the Internet. The intern will conceptualize, design, and create mock-ups for specific client requests from small enhancements to entirely new website designs. The intern will collaborate with the online marketing team to design functional and usable designs utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite of products on a PC or Mac. The intern will be able to read and write project requirements, detailed design documents, wireframes and other project requirement documents.
- Review and evaluate existing website designs and look for ways to improve them
- Take project requirements and create new website design templates and website elements utilizing Photoshop
- Code basic HTML by hand and/or with the use of Adobe Dreamweaver
- Limited copywriting and editing of website content for SEO optimization
- File Management including naming conventions, folder organization and file migrations
- Learn website hosting concepts and multi-server development environments
- Create new and edit existing CSS files to achieve web page design goals
- Design web advertisements, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brands
- Potential to work with some Flash and video elements
- Learn project and task management processes
- Design, Digital Design, Interactive Design, Fine Art, Computer Science or related major
- Strong passion for digital art and graphic design
- Desire to learn about e-commerce industry and internet marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Duration: Approx. one semester or one quarter with potential for two (10-20 hours per week) we are flexible and willing to work around school and/or work schedules.
What we Offer for You: The internship is unpaid, but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. An internship in the digital design field is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career and gain tangible working knowledge. Your experience at Infusion E-Business will enhance your resume as well as provide a platform for launching a successful career in computer design.
For additional information visit http://www.iebusiness.com/Careers/
Contact Cory Waite
Phone: (630) 549-0598 x408